Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Desperation

My fingers are throbbing and I have crazy eyes. My inner fangirl has once again gotten the best of me. Circuit Fest is just right around the corner and it's the perfect music festival to end any summer, particularly, my stinking summer. And here's where I get to the really bitter part of this story: I don't have tickets because as much as I wanted to pay for them myself, I don't have school allowance to save up anyway. It's summer, I'm broke and I'm stuck at home.



At first, I didn't even think it would bother me that much because I've missed a lot of concerts and a lot of my favorite bands and those frequent situations has lead me to believe that I've grown numb. But now that it seems I'm the only one who's not going, I'm sort of panicking. Misery loves company.

Let me just point out that the line up is flawless and to say that I love those bands is the understatement of the century. I've been listening to them for years. Some of them are coming back (and, by the way, I also missed their previous concerts) like Yellowcard, This Century, Mayday Parade, WATIC and A+D. And just the thought of missing them AGAIN is enough to make me want to throw myself off the second floor window.

Allstar Weekend, Before You Exit and Downtown Fiction are coming here for the first time ever. And I am going to miss them for the first time ever. 

I would've settled for To Rock tickets. Hell, I'd be really ecstatic if I got a hold of General Admission tickets. I just want at least one interesting and happy thing to happen in my entire summer. Is that too much to ask?

And like any other broke fangirl, I've resorted to, that's right, online contests.

I didn't join much because I'm a lazy fuck and most of them required "likes" from Facebook which I've had enough of. During the peak of my band phase (which happens to be last year) I've joined a number of contests, bugged a number of people to like my entry, desperately waited for a number of times and sobbed and weeped in a corner as I realized all my hard work went down the drain and I didn't win.

But because I'm broke. And peso-less. And desperate. THAT'S NOT GONNA STOP ME FROM ENTERING ANYWAY! (Even though I'm expecting heart aches and disappointments at the end of the tunnel.)

What the hell, I decided to give it one last shot tonight. Nick Automatic decided to hold a giveaway and they're giving away 1 VIP pass to Circuit Fest with 2 shirts. Who wouldn't want that, right? So this happened.



I hit tweet limit the same time I hit rock bottom. My fingers are sore, I can't feel my butt and all hope is gone. I'm just here blogging the pain away because I'm in twitter jail and I'm gonna have to wait another whole hour before I can start being annoying again. 

They're currently randomizing the tweets to pick winners for each round while I'm currently weeping and fighting the urge to roll on the ground. 

Why did I even get into this fandom? It is ruining my liiiiiiife. 

I'm going bonkers.




No comments:

Post a Comment