Sunday, May 19, 2013

Roll The Windows Down!


What my sister would usually describe as "teen angst" songs, I call my "roll-the-windows-down" music. Because it is, after all, summer, I wanted to feel really upbeat through the incredibly hot days. And if I were to go on a really long road trip with friends on a sunny day, these albums would be my top pick to blast in the stereos. These albums are perfect for driving with the windows down, feeling the wind in your hair and the sun on your face. 

  1. The Wombats - A Guide to Love, Loss & Desperation

    The title of the album says it all. It's definitely a feel good album with songs that will pick you up. It's loud and fun and absolutely something you can dance to. When I recently made mixed CDs for my best friends, I loaded them up with songs from this album to kick start the summer vibes. This one's been on repeat and I'll probably only stop once I get tired of it... which is never.
  2. Dog Is Dead - Hands Down

    Although some of the songs are not as upbeat as the others, I like the vibe that this album gives off every time I listen to it. It just puts me in a really calm and happy state that I think I should be in more. They're also such an underrated band and with this much talent, they deserve to be heard more. I hate how there's so much talented musicians out there that go unnoticed and unrecognized for years. So I highly recommend that you give them a listen. Make your ears happy!
  3. The Kooks - Junk of The Heart

    The first track off of this album is my absolute favorite. I've only recently found out about this band and I definitely don't regret checking them out. It has an old school sound to it that I really love and despite it being rock and loud, it's not overwhelming to listen to if you want to just sit back and relax. It's light, catchy and fun. Definitely my summer favorite.

Indie rock seems to set the best atmosphere and it never fails to get me in a good mood. These songs aren't probably for everyone, so if you're one of the people who don't exactly agree with me, that's perfectly fine. We all have our own choice of music and if it makes you happy just like these albums make me happy, by all means, go for it. But it wouldn't really be so bad to try new music you might just end up loving! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment